Monday, July 19, 2021

Affirmations to Heal From Body Shaming


Body shaming causes pain, negative self-esteem, and feeling bad about oneself. Criticism, jokes, and negative comments about how your body looks should not be accepted. Being intimidated by how your body looks from family members and friends makes you feel self-conscious about how you look.  Therefore, removing those negative comments from your mind will help you heal inside. Here is a list of affirmations to heal from body shaming. 

1. I love my body in any outfit that I wear. 

2. I love and accept my body as is. 

3. I'm thankful for my body's uniqueness. 

4. My body is beautiful as is.

5. I love every part of my body.

6. I believe my body is content when I nourish it with food and drinks. 

7. Weight is just a number and it does not define me.

8. My husband or wife loves me for who I am and not for my body.

9. Food does not hurt my body. 

10. I accept the changes my body goes through to stay healthy.  

Healing from body-shaming is a long process. No matter who did the body shaming, learn to forgive them. Avoid or stay away from body shaming in social media. Change the subject when you hear body shaming at work or in your home. Here are links about overcoming body shame. 

6 Tips to Overcome Body Shame:

https://www.domesticshelters.org/articles/taking-care-of-you/6-tips-to-overcome-body-shame


Body Shaming:

https://anad.org/get-informed/body-image/body-image-articles/body-shaming/


7 Strategies to Shut Down Body Shaming:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/beauty-sick/201812/7-strategies-shut-down-body-shaming-family-members?amp




* Free fonts and borders from PiZap

*Free Woman Silhouette Clip Art: 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.