Self-care: Recovery, Relaxation, and Sick Days (Affirmations)


Practicing self-care when feeling sick can be comforting and help you sleep better. Often being sick can make it difficult to go to sleep. However, finding slower activities to practice self-care when having a cold can be helpful. Self-care activities such as playing cards, picture matching games, or puzzles can be part of your self-care routine. Additionally, listening to music that make you feel comfortable and feel good can be useful for recovering from a cold. 

Turn off notifications and play an entertaining matching card game. While you play the card game, you can listen to music. Alternatively, you can sit and listen to a story from a story app. Depending on your cold symptoms, you can practice mindfulness with a warm bowl of soup. Also, practicing mindfulness with a warm cup of tea can be relaxing before going to sleep. 

Read quotes or write affirmations to help you recover from your cold. Keep track of the days that you are sick in your journal. Make a recovery vision board with pictures of activities that you want to do when you are feeling better. Follow up on hobbies that you have not done due to being too busy at work. Watch an inspirational movie in a comfortable sitting position. 

Nevertheless, relaxing and recovering from a cold can be done by not worrying about the work duties that are pending at work. Also, have work boundaries so you can feel comfortable and get enough sleep. Use a humidifier and elevate your head before going to sleep. Ensure your bedroom room temperature is comfortable and have several pairs of pajamas for your sick days. Finally, seek medical attention if your fever doesn't go down or your symptoms get worse. 

To practice self-care when you are not feeling well is possible. Staying home to rest, to relax, and to get better from your cold can be helpful for improving your overall wellness. Do not feel guilty about staying home especially if you are missing work events or social connections. Accept you have a cold and take breaks by saying or writing affirmations. Here is a brief list of affirmations when you are feeling sick. 

1. I listen to my body to get rest, to eat, and to remain calm. 

2. My body tells me to slow down and to regain my strength. 

3. I trust my body to feel calm and to feel better. 

4. I listen to music and inspirational stories that are uplifting to feel better. 

5. I take medication and get plenty of fluids to help my body to recover from my cold.

6. I enjoy seeing flowers in my room as I continue recovering from my cold. 

7. I appreciate my body and accept when I need to slow down to feel better. 

8. I am peaceful, thankful, and slow down to focus on getting better. 

9. I am capable of slowing down and listening to my body for my recovery. 

10. I am beautiful and kind to my body as it recovers from surgery, from the flu, or a cold.

Besides writing positive affirmations, do include quotes that are uplifting for your journal. Positive affirmations do not replace taking medications. Yet, practicing affirmations can be useful for improving your sleep and to remain calm as you get over a cold. Nonetheless, listen to your body and do self-care activities slowly as you recover. Here are websites with more self-care tips.



When Your Body is Sick-Healing-Affirmations for Restful Sleep:

https://womensmeditationnetwork.com/when-your-body-is-sick-healing-affirmations-for-restful-sleep-sm/


5 Tips for Self-Care When You're Recovering from Illness:

https://www.ellenbard.com/5-tips-for-self-care-when-youre-recovering-from-illness/


Self-care for Sick Days During Cold and Flu Season:

https://buffalohealthyliving.com/self-care-for-sick-days-during-cold-and-flu-season/





* Font and borders from Photo Collage Editor Maker
 


Comments

Popular Posts