Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Anxiety and Positive Affirmations



If you have anxiety and are trying to calm down your concerns, you might want to do positive affirmations. In addition to taking prescribed medications for anxiety, one must learn how to relax those overfilled thoughts. Although anxiety may be caused by certain medical conditions, positive affirmations can be used as a learning tool to relax. Say to yourself one or three positive affirmations per day to reduce your worry. Write down your positive affirmations and say them aloud. 


Struggling with anxiety disorders is hard to deal with and hard to hide in a social aspect. Constantly worrying while being afraid of what people will say or worrying about the future makes the nervous system stressed out. Yet, practicing meditation, positive affirmations, and breathing techniques are helpful for anxiety. Keep positive affirmations on your telephone, clipboard, or on a board as a reminder to calm your nervousness. Here is a brief list: 


  1. I am a useful person at my job. 
  2. No one makes me feel bad about myself at work. 
  3. I am loved at home. 
  4. I am strong and have good qualities.
  5. I am enthusiastic about each task I must do. 
  6. I am resilient, vital, and have stamina. 
  7. I stand up for my family. 
  8. I survive and overcome bad experiences. 
  9. I will not lower my principles. 
  10. I cover my ears from work gossip. 


Do not expect to see an automatic reduction in calming down your worries. It might take about three months to feel the difference in practicing positive affirmations. You can write your positive affirmations depending on what you worry about. When writing your positive affirmation make sure it is a short sentence. Replace a worry with a positive affirmation. 


In this way, you will change your thoughts to encouraging thoughts. This is a useful practice before going to sleep at night. Read your positive affirmations before going to sleep. Nevertheless, consult with your medical doctor for more tips on reducing your anxiety. Here are more resources about anxiety and positive affirmations. 

 

Affirmations for Anxiety-How to Make and Use Them-Healthline: 

Affirmations for Anxiety: How to Make and Use Them (healthline.com)


Positive Affirmations for Anxiety-Reframing Your Worry to Calm Down-Psychcentral:

Positive Affirmations for Anxiety: Reframing Your Worry to Calm Down (psychcentral.com)


75 Positive Affirmations for Anxiety to Calm Your Mind-The Good Body:

75 Positive Affirmations for Anxiety to Calm Your Mind (thegoodbody.com)







* Fonts and borders from Photo Collage Editor Maker 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.