Monday, October 9, 2023

Positive Affirmations for Anxiety

 


Managing anxiety requires patience and relaxation techniques along with the guidance of your primary care doctor. However, one relaxation technique is by using positive affirmations for your anxieties. Anxiety is categorized as a disorder. There are many types of anxiety disorders such as social anxiety, panic disorder, phobia disorder, separation anxiety disorder, specified anxiety disorder, and unspecified anxiety disorder. Each anxiety disorder needs to be treated with a medical professional.

The common symptoms of anxiety are nervousness, sweating, shaking, rapid heartbeats, trouble focusing, constant worrying, and digestive issues with sleep issues. Sometimes, a social event can make your legs or your hands shake due to the high-stress level the body has. Also, you might have rapid breathing and fear. Therefore, before trying a relaxation technique it is best to discuss your anxieties with your primary care doctor and a therapist. Here is a short list of positive affirmations for anxiety.

  1. I am doing the most excellent quality in my work and at home.
  2. I am calm with my imperfections.
  3. I am courageous and my body is full of strength.
  4. I have all the abilities to complete my work tasks.
  5. I choose to always forgive myself.
  6. I am beautiful at any event.
  7. I am desirable and respectable to my partner.
  8. I have all the necessary talents to achieve my dreams.
  9. I trust myself to manage difficult situations.
  10. I validate my feelings and trust my partner. 

Positive affirmations can be read aloud or written in the morning as a reminder note to yourself. Furthermore, positive affirmations can also be practiced before going to sleep to reduce your anxieties in the morning. By practicing positive affirmations, you can optimistically talk to yourself. Do writing exercises of positive affirmations while you practice your deep breathing. Here is a list of positive affirmations if you have anxiety due to negative body image.

  1. I am gorgeous in my partner’s eyes.
  2. I am physically and mentally attractive to my partner.
  3. I embrace my body’s imperfections.
  4. My body is healthy and strong.
  5. My body is distinctive and amazes me.
  6. I am exquisite every time I look in the mirror.
  7. I am charming and approachable.
  8. I am kind to my body.
  9. I listen to my body when it is feeling tired.
  10. I am stunning from the inside. 

Positive affirmations can also be practiced two hours ahead before attending a social event. Create a routine to help you feel tranquil during those two hours. Drink water, tea, or a smoothie while you write or say your affirmations to yourself. Post your affirmations with a sticky note on the mirror before getting dressed. Below are websites with more positive affirmations and information about anxiety disorders. 


20 Affirmations to Help Ease Anxiety:

https://nunziadreams.com/20-affirmations-help-ease-anxiety/


30 Positive Affirmations for Anxiety:

https://millennial-grind.com/30-positive-affirmations-for-anxiety/


Anxiety Disorders:

https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/anxiety-disorders





* Font and borders from Photo Maker Collage Editor




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.