Sunday, January 1, 2023

Self-Love Month & Positive Affirmations


Happy New Year! It is the first day of Self-Love Month. It is the month to feel more appreciation and to get to know yourself. This awareness month is not something new. Since the 1960’s, love and peace were promoted during World War II. Then in the 1970’s self-care was added to bring awareness about self-love. Also, to appreciate your type of hair and texture due to workplace discrimination that was going on in the 1970’s.

Self-love month is acclaimed every year in January which is beneficial for your mental and physical health. You can commemorate this month by taking some time for yourself. Pampering yourself with an hour of relaxation or anything that makes you feel marvelous. Enjoying your time by encouraging positivity and working on your self-esteem. Applaud yourself for your successes by doing a mini dinner celebration by yourself.

You can also celebrate your achievements with your family. Help your teenagers to improve their self-esteem by bringing an understanding about the concept of self-love. Additionally, practicing self-love reduces some risks of emotional issues and suicide. It is a self-preservation about life. As well as allowing love to transform you into the person that you want to be without being criticized about your body, hair, nails, and everything that makes you to be unique.

Plus, positive affirmations about self-love help your self-esteem, self-confidence, and your body esteem. Establishing a self-care routine, body positivity, and the belief in positivity encourages you to strengthen your thoughts about you. Eventually self-love will be an automatic habit for you so you can ignore criticism, bad comments, and negative comparisons about yourself. Below are links about dedicating this month to self-love. Here is a short list about self-love positive affirmations to help you get started with self-love month.

  1. I am irreplaceable to my family.
  2. I am exceptional and full of talents ready to be shared with others.
  3. I am only one of its kind as I learn to improve myself.
  4. I love my mind and my body.
  5. I love myself from head to toe with my moles, freckles, scars, and birthmarks.
  6. I love how my clothes look because it emphasizes my body more.
  7. I admire how my clothes cover my body without being uncomfortable.
  8. I appreciate and value myself.
  9. I am happy with myself.
  10. I am not greedy, but I enjoy pampering myself. 


7 Ways to Practice Self-Love-Very Wellmind:

7 Ways to Practice Self-Love (verywellmind.com)


How to Love Yourself-6 Therapist-Backed Tips for Practicing Self-Love and Self-Acceptance-Self:

How to Love Yourself: 6 Therapist-Backed Tips for Practicing Self-Love and Self-Acceptance | SELF


Self-Love:

Self-love (slife.org)





* Fonts and Artwork made in Photo Collage Editor Maker 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.