Thursday, September 29, 2022

Practice Body Positivity with Affirmations


Practing body positivity might be a challenge if you are surrounded by negative comments from your friends. It is also difficult to practice if you have relatives that are constantly giving you negative remarks. You try to have good self-esteem and self-confidence as a teenager, but you are constantly feeling displeased with your body. It is painful to hear the negativity and the body comparisons within your family. This negativity greatly affects a teenager throughout their adulthood. 

Often a teenager might go on Yo-Yo diets and wear tight Spanx to feel slimmer. Yet, this damages a teenager's body and mental state. Therefore, be conscious of the comments that you tell your teenagers. As a parent, it is important to give a boost of confidence and build their self-esteem. Let them know that their teenage bodies are changing to adulthood. 

Replace their negative body statements with positive ones. It is a tough time being a teenager during these chaotic times. But it is important to make them feel comfortable with their bodies and to take care of them. Similarly, as an adult who grew up with body shaming and negativity, the body positivity movement has increased. The movement had increased because it does make a difference in building self-esteem. 

It helps build self-confidence and to have better relationships with your partner. This movement might seem too unnatural, odd, and nonsense to some people. Yet, the body positivity movement is beneficial to anyone who has low self-esteem and lacks self-confidence. Take your time to read these affirmations. Here are my body positivity affirmations: 

1. I love myself for who I am. 

2. I am loved, appreciated, and beautiful.

3. I am beautiful from the inside of my body and outside of my body. 

4. I love every facial feature and how my body looks. 

5. My body might be aging, but I feel incredible at every stage of my life. 

6. I love my partner and I feel his emotional attraction to me.  

7.  I feel my partner's love for me and beyond our physical attractions. 

8. I feel fortunate to have a healthy body as it ages gracefully. 

Each day practice body positivity by yourself and with your partner. Take care of your body by exercising, eating healthy, and being kind to yourself. It is important to feel comfortable with your body and for your partner to feel comfortable with you. Stop any negative body comparisons from your partner and relatives. Here are resources about body positivity. 


What is Body Positivity: 

What Is Body Positivity? (verywellmind.com)


10 Ways to Practice Body Positivity:

10 Ways to Practice Body Positivity - Well Being Trust


The Body Positive Organization:

https://thebodypositive.org


What Does Body Positivity Actually Mean-Psychology Today:

What Does Body Positivity Actually Mean? | Psychology Today







* Fonts, borders, and artwork made in  Photo Collage Editor Maker




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.